Municipal Public Benefit Enterprise for the Environmental protection, Education and Development of Mykonos (KDEPPAM)
The Municipal Enterprise for the Cultural Promotion and Development of Mykonos (DEPPAM) was established in 1993, based on the 36/14.03.1993 Municipal Council decision, with basic objective to responsively cover the “cultural gap” that the Municipality was trying to overcome, in cooperation with cultural organizations and associations of Mykonos.
The establishment of the DEPPAM was published in the Official Government Gazeette no 47/26.1.1994, defining, among others, its statutory objectives:
- The actual and complete cultural development of Mykonos and the creation of the necessary cultural infrastructure
- The adoption and implementation of community and national programs
- The monthly publication of the “Mykoniatis” newspaper
- The operation of the Municipal Gallery
The enterprise is managed by a five-member directory board and is housed in the Zervoudakis-Inglesis building in the “Matogianni” area, the use of which was granted by the Municipality’s no 70 / 03-06-1994 decision. The building section that houses the offices of the Municipal Enterprise, the Municipal Music School and the Municipal Art Gallery was donated by Irene G. Iglesi, wife of the poet Ioannis Gryparis, while the multi-purpose and the philharmonic halls were donated by Maria Kalliarchi (1910) and her son Kostis Zervoudakis (1937).
Based on the same Municipal Council decision, the Lakka Theater as well as the Municipal Garden in the area of Limni were also conceded to DEPPAM, donated by Ioannis Meletopoulos, where later (1995) the summer cinema “Ciné Manto” was housed. Today, both these areas are managed by “Georgios Axiotis” (PAKO).
Conversion of DEPPAM to Municipal Public Benefit Enterprise named: KDEPPAM
At 2011 the Municipal Enterprise was converted to Municipal Public Benefit Enterprise for the education and the environment, named Municipal Public Benefit Enterprise for the Environmental and Educational Development of Mykonos by the no 1289/2011 decision of the Greek government (ΦΕΚ). Among its top responsibilities are the protection and the upgrading of the natural architectural and cultural environment of Mykonos, as well as the environmental awareness and motivation of citizens.
The basic objective of the new enterprise is the provision of services for the promotion of the cultural development of the region. Particularly:
- The actual and complete cultural development of Mykonos through the in-depth cultivation of the artistic sensitivity and of the love for the arts, aiming for the protection of national identity. Additionally, the promotion of cultural, intellectual and artistic goods with the active and conscious participation of Mykonian’s in the cultural life of the island
- The dissemination and enhancement of artistic education in the fields of music, dance, cinema, theater and other audiovisual media, as well as the visual arts.
- The support of modern artistic and intellectual creation in order to ensure the appropriate conditions that will allow the exercise and the development of individual’s creative skills in the respective fields. To accomplish the above mentioned goals, KDEPPAM will continue to organize, operate and strengthen the following initiatives:
- Art workshops
- Music school
- Mykonian dancing groups
- Choir of Mykonos
- Theater and especially the Theatrical Group of Mykonos
- Municipal Art Gallery
- Summer cinema “Cine Manto”
- Publications (books and newspaper), as well as digital media production
- The organization, production and presentation of cultural events, entertainment and educational activities
- The establishment and development of the appropriate infrastructure for the improvement of the quality of life and the creative exploitation of the leisure time of Mykonians and especially of the young Mykonians
- The collaboration and support of various cultural organizations and associations of Mykonos, aiming for the continuation of traditions, the enhancement of amateur’s creation and the broadening of relevant initiatives and interventions.
- The collaboration with the educational community of Mykonos for the joint promotion and implementation of cultural, intellectual, pedagogical and educational activities in and out of schools, as well as the active participation of student communities and youth generally, in the activities of KDEPPAM.
- Proposal design and project inclusion to EU, national, transnational, interregional co-funded programs and implementation of proposals concerning projects, programs and services that highlight and preserve the cultural heritage, as well as the support of activities and events that relate to science, literature and the arts.
- Participation of the enterprise in programme contracts based on the law no 3463/2006, in order to promote and co-finance its objectives, as well as the objectives of the Municipality of Mykonos and of the contracting parties.
- The operation of branches, where necessary, to better service the activities of KDEPPAM The actual and complete cultural development of Mykonos, through the in-depth cultivation of the artistic sensitivity and of the love for the arts, aiming for the protection of national and local cultural identity, as well as the promotion of cultural, intellectual and artistic goods with the active and conscious participation of Mykonian’s in the cultural life of the island.
Matogiani, Μykonos, 84 600
Τel.: +30 22890 27190, +30 22890 27791
Fax: +30 22890 27192
Read more here.
Municipal Port Fund of Mykonos (DLTM)
The Municipal Port Fund of Mykonos is the organization responsible for the management and operation of ports, providing services of general interest for the economical development of the island, the Cyclades and the country.
Read more here